Sunday 10 June 2012

Nesting

Annie's talent at work.
Generally it has been a quiet week, but I am regularly able to feel some good boots from the little one.  She does, however, still have a tendancy to kick mummy's bladder around like a rugby ball and then act all good-as-gold when I put my hand on Annie's belly.

Annie and I seem to have developed our nesting instincts a little this week and had a big tidy up this weekend (which is regrettably a blue-moon event) and managed to get rid of 3 bin-bags of clothes.  A fantastic achievement.  As well as this Annie was inspired to paint a mural (or Murial if you're Nanna Swift) on Vega's bedroom wall, which I think looks amazing, and has prompted some commissions in exchange for reusable nappies for Annie.

We also plan to get a kiddie wardrobe for all her clothes quite soon - this one from Dunelm Mill.  Unfortunately it's a choice between blue, pink and black.  Blue seems to be least offensive and with a bit of tarting up should tie in nicely with the Murial.  Soon it'll be time to start thinking about moving all the breakable stuff from toddler grabbing height.  We've also settled on the sort of mattress we want for Vega's cot.  As we're spending little on the pram and getting our cot for nothing, we decided it was worth splashing some cash on a more expensive mattress.


Mum, Dad & Vega.
The growing bump.
As we're progressing into the second half of the pregnancy Annie seems to be expanding a little more rapidly, around an inch or 2 in a week is pretty impressive.  The next step in the pregnancy to really look forward to is being "viable".  Because of all the movement from Vega and her love (or hatred, but I want to think love) of Mum and Dad singing Bohemia Rhapsody to her, it is easy to forget that if for some reason she was born now her chances of survival would be small.  24 weeks is the point where survivability improves dramatically, so hopefully that'll be a nice bit of comfort.  But for the moment my main objective is to calm Mrs. Swift's shopping spree desires.  We have decided on the pram we want and are waiting until a more appropriate time to get it ordered.  We settled on a cheaper model than intended, as we're planning to carry the wee lass as much as possible - and some of the prams you see around are a closer relative of Optimus Prime than of a pushchair.

Petit Star City Bug - The pram we've chosen.
Continuing with our hippyfying at the moment, I've decided to basically cut meat out of my diet (can't live without fish) after watching a hideous PETA video (I should have known better), featuring Sir Paul McCartney (thanks Macca).  Not too sure if we will follow this diet for Vega when she gets to the right time, I'll have to see how being a pescatarian  coeliac goes for a while.

2 comments:

  1. Love the mural on the wall. I don't think we are finding out and trying to find ideas that will be fine for both a girl and a boy is hard.

    I looked at that pram in Boots I think and I really liked the style but handles were too low for me and OH but I am stupidly tall.

    Annie's bump looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The handles are quite low on that one. Luckily Annie and I are somewhere between 5'8" and 5'10". Even still we made certain sacrifices with the pram and I think if we were planning on using it more, we would have a more expensive one.

    We had a bit of a struggle with unisex stuff before we knew the sex as everything is either blue, pink or beige.

    ReplyDelete